Monday 29 May 2017

Anglo-Saxon army




Its been a while since my last post, and a lot has happened since then. Namely, I've built myself an Anglo-Saxon (or Anglo-Danish more correctly) army!

Last autumn I found an unexpected inspiration and calling to put together a force of Normans for Saga (the results of which can be seen here). The inspiration for this period has remained strong, and little by little I've painted an Anglo-Saxon force to fight against the Normans. Only, this force has grown to be quite substantial with over 150 models done so far! That´s not a bad pace since it means I've painted about one miniature each day this year. Anyway, here´s the progress so far:

Commander 1

Commander 2

Commander 3

Fyrd warriors

More Fyrd warriors

A base of Huscarls with dane-axes

Combined unit Huscarls and Fyrd




Two units of Fyrd


  
Combined unit of Huscarls and Fyrd

Two units of Huscarls

Most of the miniatures can be taken off the bases for use in skirmish gaming

Viking mercenaries

Javelinmen

Slingers

No comments:

Post a Comment